Audio Units failing in Mainstage

I have Mainstage 3 and have patches with heavy use of Audio units (Arturia, Spectrasonics, UVI, CherryAudio, EastWest, Sampler, Alchemy).

Everything is working fine but occasionally I get a pop up saying Audio Unit has failed....Recover/Close.

Recover usually works (takes a bit of time which is not good in the middle of a gig, but occasionally pressing Recover crashes Mainstage....definitely not good.

I have run auval -a when the pop up appears but don't understand what I am looking at.

If I am editing sounds in Mainstage I can generally get the problem to appear pretty much at will. Very annoying.

Aside from auval -a, is there any thing I can do to check what AU would have thrown the error?

I have killed all unnecessary apps that might have been running in the background just in case the problem was a memory one but that doesn't appear to have helped.

I'm running a 2022 M1 Pro MacBook 16" with 1TB SSD and 16GB Ram with Ventura 13.4.1.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

MossyB

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 6:00 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 16, 2023 6:58 AM in response to MossyB

Just had another failure... Two overlaid patches (Omnisphere and Arturia CS-80V4) stopped working. I pressed Quit on the error box and when I restarted Mainstage the Arturia CS-80 V4 was working but the Omnisphere patch wasn't.

Omnisphere is showing as being fully up to date and when opened independently worked.

While the Audio Unit error pop was showing I ran auval -a but it didn't show anything that I would interpret as an issu with either AU.... snap of what auval -a showed for these two AU's....

aumu Ambr GOSW  -  Spectrasonics: Omnisphere

aumu BuEa Artu  -  Arturia: Buchla Easel V

aumu CMIv Artu  -  Arturia: CMI V

aumu CSV3 Artu  -  Arturia: CS-80 V3

aumu CSV4 Artu  -  Arturia: CS-80 V4

aumu Clav Artu  -  Arturia: Clavinet V

Restarting Mainstage recovered everything.

Totally perplexed !!! :0

May 5, 2024 3:06 PM in response to tfromtroon

Hi tfromtroon

my sincerest apologies for not getting back to you. The latest story is I am still seeing AU failing pop-ups with Mainstage. All AUs seem to be compliant as far as I can tell.

What I now find when the pop-up appears, most of the time when I click RECOVER, the pop-up tells me Alchemy is reloading. Is this a problem with Alchemy? Is there a way to reinstall Alchemy?

Regards

M

Audio Units failing in Mainstage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.