Can I buy AppleCare with an Apple Gift Card?

When I purchased my MacBook in August 2023, I asked if I could use my Apple Gift cards to purchase AppleCare+ and the gentleman on the phone said "Absolutely".

So, now that I am ready to buy AppleCare+ I'm finding that there is no way to do it online or on the phone with Apple Support. I spent over an hour talking with Apple Support trying to buy the three year plan with 2 different gift cards and the resolution was I need to drive to my nearest Apple Store (which for me is 2 hours away) and purchase it there. I can tell you exactly how that will go. I will drive 2 hours to the nearest store, walk in the store, and some Gen Zer will tell me that "We don't do that." After being passed off to 3 different people, I will leave and drive 2 hours back home without AppleCare+ and my time and money totally wasted. Apple used to be super great to work with. Now they are just a giant capitalist corporation designed to separate you from you money!

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:31 AM

According to this post that was recommended by an Apple support team member you can. AppleCare by gift card - Apple Community

Redeeem the card to your account balance and that should be charged.

1 reply

Can I buy AppleCare with an Apple Gift Card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.