What happens when you Reset your iPhone to Factory

What happens when you reset your iPhone, do you loose all of your Apps, and Information you have acquired? What about pictures?

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:33 AM

You lose everything on the phone that you haven’t backed up if you do this→Restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

However, if you just force-restart the phone→If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen you won't lose any data

6 replies

Sep 16, 2023 8:34 AM in response to Apple-678

"A factory restore erases the information and settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and installs the latest version of iOS or iPod software." This uses a computer.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

This support article outlines the various ways you can back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch --> How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

then:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Sep 16, 2023 10:11 AM in response to Apple-678

The ONLY way your iPhone content can be compromised is if someone knows your Apple ID and password and has access to your Apple ID account. Here is guidance on how to check for that→Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts - Apple Support

However, your Facebook is also at risk if anyone knows your Facebook password; that is the more likely source for compromised data.

Sep 16, 2023 10:00 AM in response to Limnos

I have been comprised as far as, it looks like all of my Information including passwords, this persons or person’s have access to. Including accessing my personal information and using a picture or more than 1 one to create an Facebook Account; maybe even more than Facebook.

from what I saw, it’s bad, the Implication of me doing anything of the sort, is Damaging to Me.

possibly even creating using My Photo and Their Bodies.

What happens when you Reset your iPhone to Factory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.