Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Set up an account recovery contact

Apple Music app was accidentally deleted with lots of music purchases how do get it back

how to avoid deleting apps on phone desk top

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 11:23 AM

I also Deleted Music App on my iPhone11 by mistake about two weeks back. Since then I have redownloaded the

Music App from App Store. Tried Syncing Music (Personal Music from CDs and some purchased from Amazon) with iTunes. It just downloads Title of the Playlists without the songs. I have read every Blog/suggestions etc nothing has helped. It is very frustrating. If anyone has a solution/ answer, please Post it here.

Note: today I tried to download the same music on iPad without making any changes, took less than five minutes to complete the process.

Thank you, guys.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2023 11:23 AM in response to ryane77

I also Deleted Music App on my iPhone11 by mistake about two weeks back. Since then I have redownloaded the

Music App from App Store. Tried Syncing Music (Personal Music from CDs and some purchased from Amazon) with iTunes. It just downloads Title of the Playlists without the songs. I have read every Blog/suggestions etc nothing has helped. It is very frustrating. If anyone has a solution/ answer, please Post it here.

Note: today I tried to download the same music on iPad without making any changes, took less than five minutes to complete the process.

Thank you, guys.

Sep 17, 2023 9:11 AM in response to Firebirdbass

Hi Firebirdbass,

If you deleted an app and need to reinstall it, you'd use these steps from the App Store: Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

If you needed to re-download purchased music after, follow these steps: Redownload music - Apple Support

Regarding deleting apps, the only way to prevent that would be to turn on Screen Time under Settings > Screen Time, and then tap Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases, and then set Deleting Apps to "Don't Allow." This would prevent you from deleting apps.

Take care.

Apple Music app was accidentally deleted with lots of music purchases how do get it back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.