Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

why does my left AirPods only work when I dont have my right are pod in my ear

my left AirPods works when I am just using it but the second I put my right airpod in, the audio goes to the right one.

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 9:09 PM

Hello,

What happens when you are using the right one then put in the left one? That's not a super relevant question, I am just curious.

From the article above that you asked the question from, have you checked the balance?

"If there's low volume in one AirPod

If your left or right AirPod isn't playing any sound, or if the volume is too quiet, follow these steps:

1. Check the microphone and speaker mesh on each AirPod. 
  2. If you see any debris, clean your AirPods using the guidelines in this article, and see if that fixes the issue.
  3. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Balance, and make sure that the balance is set in the middle."

If the balance was not all the way to the right, the next step is to reset your AirPods.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If your left AirPod still is not working with the right you will want to contact Apple Support to start the repair/replace process.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 9:09 PM in response to andrimar06

Hello,

What happens when you are using the right one then put in the left one? That's not a super relevant question, I am just curious.

From the article above that you asked the question from, have you checked the balance?

"If there's low volume in one AirPod

If your left or right AirPod isn't playing any sound, or if the volume is too quiet, follow these steps:

1. Check the microphone and speaker mesh on each AirPod. 
  2. If you see any debris, clean your AirPods using the guidelines in this article, and see if that fixes the issue.
  3. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Balance, and make sure that the balance is set in the middle."

If the balance was not all the way to the right, the next step is to reset your AirPods.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If your left AirPod still is not working with the right you will want to contact Apple Support to start the repair/replace process.

I hope this helps.

why does my left AirPods only work when I dont have my right are pod in my ear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.