payment

every time i try and download a app on my phone its asking for payment just to download even if the app is free

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 9:37 PM

mumgust Said:

"payment: every time i try and download a app on my phone its asking for payment just to download even if the app is free"

-------

Why the Message?:

Have a Method of Payment. Do you have no method of payment assigned to your Apple Account? Note that you need at least one method of payment assigned to it. This is because even free apps have the option to purchase items within it.  Go Here: Change, Add, or Remove Apple ID Payment Methods - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 9:37 PM in response to mumgust

mumgust Said:

"payment: every time i try and download a app on my phone its asking for payment just to download even if the app is free"

-------

Why the Message?:

Have a Method of Payment. Do you have no method of payment assigned to your Apple Account? Note that you need at least one method of payment assigned to it. This is because even free apps have the option to purchase items within it.  Go Here: Change, Add, or Remove Apple ID Payment Methods - Apple Support

payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.