I want to know more about San Francisco system UI font-styles

In the system UI of the mac, The font-style is displayed in a different optical style to the one I can type in, Like when I type the letter "a" it is with a closed tail, and in the system text the "a" is displayed with an unclosed tail such as in this message, Could you please explain including how to acquire such other variations of the San Francisco font-style?

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 2:50 AM

From Wikipedia as source of below excerpt

" Apple restricts the usage of the typeface by others. It is licensed to registered third-party developers only for the design and development of applications for Apple's platforms.[11] Only SF Pro, SF Compact, SF Mono, SF Arabic, and New York variants are available for download on Developer website and they are the only SF variants allowed to be used by developers."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 2:50 AM in response to Daniyal15

From Wikipedia as source of below excerpt

" Apple restricts the usage of the typeface by others. It is licensed to registered third-party developers only for the design and development of applications for Apple's platforms.[11] Only SF Pro, SF Compact, SF Mono, SF Arabic, and New York variants are available for download on Developer website and they are the only SF variants allowed to be used by developers."

I want to know more about San Francisco system UI font-styles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.