MacBook Black screen

My MacBook is only showing a blank (all black) screen when I try to power it up. There is an occasional arrow… pushing the keys does not do anything. Any ideas???

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 2:06 PM

Edun09 Said:

"MacBook Black screen: My MacBook is only showing a blank (all black) screen when I try to power it up. There is an occasional arrow… pushing the keys does not do anything. Any ideas???"

-------

Troubleshooting Black Mac Screen:

Report back if anything here helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

(Applies to Intel Based Macs Only): Sometimes operations are performed and then the keyboard settings become manipulated, technically. So... Try resetting. Then reboot with this keyboard plugged in once more. If you only have USB-C ports then this is the adapter to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 2:06 PM in response to Edun09

Edun09 Said:

"MacBook Black screen: My MacBook is only showing a blank (all black) screen when I try to power it up. There is an occasional arrow… pushing the keys does not do anything. Any ideas???"

-------

Troubleshooting Black Mac Screen:

Report back if anything here helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

(Applies to Intel Based Macs Only): Sometimes operations are performed and then the keyboard settings become manipulated, technically. So... Try resetting. Then reboot with this keyboard plugged in once more. If you only have USB-C ports then this is the adapter to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

MacBook Black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.