NFL app logs me out often (every 30 minutes)

As the title says, every 30 minutes the NFLapp logs me out and have to go through the whole process to get back in. While this is probably not an Apple thing, it’s a very bad look for AppleTv. Also, getting into the CBS app is troublesome as well. Why do some apps not use the appletv user provider info? Apple should get more strict with provider apps. Might have to drop Apple TV and try something else.

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 3:53 AM

Every 30 minutes the NFLapp logs me out and have to go through the whole process to get back in.

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists after that, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

Also, getting into the CBS app is troublesome as well. Why do some apps not use the appletv user provider info? Apple should get more strict with provider apps.

The CBS apps should work like that: Apps that let you sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV - Apple Support

But the actual authentication is between the CBS and the TV provider, and there might be a temporary error there. Possibly either one has to fix something in their electronic communication or administration. Consider contacting both about this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2023 3:53 AM in response to Glennrc

Every 30 minutes the NFLapp logs me out and have to go through the whole process to get back in.

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists after that, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

Also, getting into the CBS app is troublesome as well. Why do some apps not use the appletv user provider info? Apple should get more strict with provider apps.

The CBS apps should work like that: Apps that let you sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV - Apple Support

But the actual authentication is between the CBS and the TV provider, and there might be a temporary error there. Possibly either one has to fix something in their electronic communication or administration. Consider contacting both about this.

NFL app logs me out often (every 30 minutes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.