Download edit app

i have question. recently i give my old iphone 12 to my nephew in indonesie. he told me that when he wants to download an app with Appstore, such as an edit app, first he must buy it. Most of all the apps they must pay for it. How is this possible? In the netherland we don’t pay for all apps. Can you tell me why the rules are different?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 3:19 PM

Apps can be either free, purchased our have recurring subscriptions.

With that said, it's unlikely most of the apps he finds require payment. More likely, his being required to add a payment method to his account, which does not mean he will be charged, just that a verified payment method is required.

This of course is just speculation, since we have absolutely no idea what he's actually is seeing, or what apps he's trying to download exactly.

A screen shot of the message he is receiving would help greatly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 3:19 PM in response to mien144

Apps can be either free, purchased our have recurring subscriptions.

With that said, it's unlikely most of the apps he finds require payment. More likely, his being required to add a payment method to his account, which does not mean he will be charged, just that a verified payment method is required.

This of course is just speculation, since we have absolutely no idea what he's actually is seeing, or what apps he's trying to download exactly.

A screen shot of the message he is receiving would help greatly.

Download edit app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.