Mac OS upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura

I want to upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura. Are there any issues I need to be aware of?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 5:03 PM

IamlostinCYBERSPACE Said:

"Mac OS upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura: I want to upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura. Are there any issues I need to be aware of?"

-------

Things to Be Aware of when Upgrading:

A. 32-bit Apps won't Work Past Big Sur:

Note that 32-bit Apps will not work on Catalina and after. So, older apps may not run. The workaround for that is to contact the developer, requesting a 64-bit installer for it.

B. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 5:03 PM in response to IamlostinCYBERSPACE

IamlostinCYBERSPACE Said:

"Mac OS upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura: I want to upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura. Are there any issues I need to be aware of?"

-------

Things to Be Aware of when Upgrading:

A. 32-bit Apps won't Work Past Big Sur:

Note that 32-bit Apps will not work on Catalina and after. So, older apps may not run. The workaround for that is to contact the developer, requesting a 64-bit installer for it.

B. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

Mac OS upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.