Standby not working after iOS 17 update on iPhone 14 Pro Max

I upgraded to ios17 and can’t get standby to work on my iPhone 14 pro max. I’ve tried restarting the phone, disabling and enabling standby and it still doesn’t work. Is anyone else having the same problem?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2024 1:32 AM

Same with me. Standby is a ripoff that just doesn’t work as it should. This is such a scam, especially for the price of an iPhone 15 Max Pro. I have to fiddle with my phone o er and over every night to get it to come on, IF it ever comes on at all. I’ve tried all suggestions I can find to get it to work, and it simply doesn’t. How can a company promote such frustrating and worthless technology? Very disappointing!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2024 1:32 AM in response to ttt99

Same with me. Standby is a ripoff that just doesn’t work as it should. This is such a scam, especially for the price of an iPhone 15 Max Pro. I have to fiddle with my phone o er and over every night to get it to come on, IF it ever comes on at all. I’ve tried all suggestions I can find to get it to work, and it simply doesn’t. How can a company promote such frustrating and worthless technology? Very disappointing!

Mar 26, 2024 6:32 AM in response to Antney0615

I think the only one being dramatic here so far is you.

It is 100% the right thing to do to complain about products that promise a feature and then bait and switch with a very poorly implemented feature. You don't get to decide how people use their phones or why they want a feature.

This feature should have been fixed by now, but it still is working terribly. I've been a developer for 40 years, and I'm shocked that Apple would even have released this, as there is absolutely no way they didn't know it was rushed and poorly thought out.

The feature doesn't work great on the 15 Max Pro either, and you should not be expected to by a brand new phone every time one is released. That was a ridiculous suggestion. You're grand standing and deflecting from the real problem: That a multi-trillion dollar company put out a sloppy feature, and still hasn't stabilized it.

Mar 22, 2024 3:23 AM in response to Kozyinn

StandBy is a ripoff? How's that, exactly? I am just wondering if there is any possibility that you might be able to be even more dramatic or hyperbolic? How much were you charged for StandBy? Oh, that's right, not a single cent. StandBy is a basic feature, not by any means is it "technology" or even an entire reason to buy an iPhone, like you're pretending. Also, I'd like to point out the fact that Apple has NEVER made a product called the "15 Max Pro." They DO have something called the iPhone 15 Pro Max, perhaps you've heard of it? OMG, you are just insufferable and a career-complainer I would bet.

Is anything OK?

Standby not working after iOS 17 update on iPhone 14 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.