Apple mail stuck showing one section only under "all inboxes"

On my iMac, few days ago I checked the flagged mail. Since then, when I go to All inboxes, all it shows me is flagged mail, although separately the other mail shows me individually what is in each one, but when I went back to click on All inboxes, it only shows me the flagged section. I have done a restart of my iMac and also did a total shut down and left the computer off for about 10 hours. No luck, it still happens. My iMac has every update on it. Updated to Ventura 13.5.2.

Thank you very much for your help if this is a solvable issue!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 5:18 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Sep 20, 2023 5:25 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I just discovered tonight that about 450 flagged messages dating back more than 10 years had been placed at the beginning of all the new mail in "All inboxes." This is too many for me to check if they were all somehow moved or whether they were just copies, and I have no idea how they got there. Anyway, bit by bit I selected them and chose "move to" and selected "flagged." I can't deal with checking them all out now because for me in my time zone it is 5:20 a.m. and I have not gone to bed and my eyes are closing, but anyway, I figured out the temporary fix and all those flagged messages are put back into "flagged" where they belong. It is a good thing that I had scrolled down somewhat to see that I also, underneath all those 450 flagged messages, that my regular mail was coming in underneath all of the the flagged ones, which were all at the top. So problem solved for now.

Thank you so much for responding to me!

Apple mail stuck showing one section only under "all inboxes"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.