iOS 17 took my Storage

Prior to upgrading to iOS 17, i had used 117 of 128GB of storage. I had to delete an app still as it said the upgrade needs 5GBs to install. However, after installing it completely took all of the remaining space and i cannot clear it.

Nothing changes after restarting either. It seems like the ios 17 downloader did/will not delete from the cache. Solutions?

upgrading from ios 16.6 on 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2023 11:24 PM

Did you find a solution? iOS 17.2.1 is definitely taking up all my free space with system data. If I delete something, it just takes up more space. Very frustrating that Apple would release an iOS that does this. I have a 2022 iPhone SE and it has gobbled up 10 GB for the iOS and just keeps getting bigger on the System data, now at 11 GB.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2023 11:24 PM in response to LosTheCreative

Did you find a solution? iOS 17.2.1 is definitely taking up all my free space with system data. If I delete something, it just takes up more space. Very frustrating that Apple would release an iOS that does this. I have a 2022 iPhone SE and it has gobbled up 10 GB for the iOS and just keeps getting bigger on the System data, now at 11 GB.

iOS 17 took my Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.