Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How can I change my Apple ID to the email used for my notifications email?

I need to change my email address associated with my Apple ID but the email I want to change it to is my “notifications” email.

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 6:56 AM

From: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Add or change a rescue [for most people called a notification address] email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.

2. Select Sign-In and Security.

3. Select Rescue Email. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions or enter your Apple ID password before you continue.

4. To add a rescue email address, select Add email. Then enter your rescue email address, then select Save changes. We send a verification to that address.

5. To change a rescue email address, enter the new address. We send a verification to that address.

6. Enter the verification code and click Continue.

If at any stage you don't get an expected verification see: If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

If you had a rescue email address on file when you upgraded to two-factor authentication or two-step verification, that email becomes your notification email. You can also use these steps to edit your notification email address. If you remove the notification email, you won't be able to add a new one.

Here's how you change the email address (Apple ID) you use for your Apple Account while retaining everything in your account:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your old ID email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 6:56 AM in response to GoogieImpy

From: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Add or change a rescue [for most people called a notification address] email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.

2. Select Sign-In and Security.

3. Select Rescue Email. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions or enter your Apple ID password before you continue.

4. To add a rescue email address, select Add email. Then enter your rescue email address, then select Save changes. We send a verification to that address.

5. To change a rescue email address, enter the new address. We send a verification to that address.

6. Enter the verification code and click Continue.

If at any stage you don't get an expected verification see: If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

If you had a rescue email address on file when you upgraded to two-factor authentication or two-step verification, that email becomes your notification email. You can also use these steps to edit your notification email address. If you remove the notification email, you won't be able to add a new one.

Here's how you change the email address (Apple ID) you use for your Apple Account while retaining everything in your account:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your old ID email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

How can I change my Apple ID to the email used for my notifications email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.