I have a 2017 Nissan Murano andcan not install Car Play on my new iphone12 (used) . Car play works for my SE8 and Iphone 11.

no matter what I try new usb cable etc i can not install Car Play . Car play works formy SE 8 and I phone 11.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 4:56 PM

re: 2017 Nissan Murano : no matter what I try new usb cable etc i can not install Car Play

Wondering if your Nissan Murano 2017 is the 2017.5 (or later) model, else CarPlay may not be available.

You may need to check with Nissan.

Apple support's article: iOS - CarPlay - Available Models - Apple says the 2017.5 - 2023 Murano

You may need to check the iPhone has the newest iPhone iOS version / upgrade

and

Check with the Nissan manufacturer that the car's firmware is also up-to-date for Car-Play use.

Else:

You may want to check the Nissan's manual for instructions:

and

See: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support for tips.

You can check how to set up and use CarPlay: Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

also

Try: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If needed: iPhone support website (info. / support / contact etc.)

iPhone - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 4:56 PM in response to Jhammer3

re: 2017 Nissan Murano : no matter what I try new usb cable etc i can not install Car Play

Wondering if your Nissan Murano 2017 is the 2017.5 (or later) model, else CarPlay may not be available.

You may need to check with Nissan.

Apple support's article: iOS - CarPlay - Available Models - Apple says the 2017.5 - 2023 Murano

You may need to check the iPhone has the newest iPhone iOS version / upgrade

and

Check with the Nissan manufacturer that the car's firmware is also up-to-date for Car-Play use.

Else:

You may want to check the Nissan's manual for instructions:

and

See: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support for tips.

You can check how to set up and use CarPlay: Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

also

Try: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If needed: iPhone support website (info. / support / contact etc.)

iPhone - Official Apple Support

I have a 2017 Nissan Murano andcan not install Car Play on my new iphone12 (used) . Car play works for my SE8 and Iphone 11.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.