Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iOS17 won't connect to AirPrinter on iPhone and iPad

I installed iOS17 on my iPhone 13 and iPad 9th Gen. I went to do an AirPrint, the Printer is listed in available Printers, but when I hit print, I get and error message saying device won't connect to the Printer. This happens with both the iPhone and iPad with the new iOS17 installed. My wife is still using the iOS16 on her iPhone 13 and iPad 9th Gen., and she has no issues with the Air Print capability, nor does my Windows Desk-top when printing by air-print. Therefore it's not the Printer, or the Network. It must be the new iOS17. Any Suggestions?

iPad

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 2:25 PM

Hi,

AirPrint is an Apple technology (not to be confused with wireless printing in general) that allows you to print without an additional iOS/iPadOS app or macOS driver, provided that any iPhones, iPads and Macs are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the printer. Bonjour/mDNS handles device discovery.

If all settings are OK, but there is a problem with AirPrint, you could try the following procedure in this order (do not forget the router):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhones, the iPads, any Macs, and all other computers/devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhones, the iPads, and any Macs. Finally, power on all other computers/devices.

A Windows computer does not use AirPrint.

Also, knowing the exact printer model makes it easier to answer questions like this one.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 2:25 PM in response to Rockyweim

Hi,

AirPrint is an Apple technology (not to be confused with wireless printing in general) that allows you to print without an additional iOS/iPadOS app or macOS driver, provided that any iPhones, iPads and Macs are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the printer. Bonjour/mDNS handles device discovery.

If all settings are OK, but there is a problem with AirPrint, you could try the following procedure in this order (do not forget the router):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhones, the iPads, any Macs, and all other computers/devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhones, the iPads, and any Macs. Finally, power on all other computers/devices.

A Windows computer does not use AirPrint.

Also, knowing the exact printer model makes it easier to answer questions like this one.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iOS17 won't connect to AirPrinter on iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.