how do i remove all icloud documents

I have a brand new macbook air 13.5, and yet for some reason it is saying some of my documents are on icloud. I have never wanted to use icloud, and I have no intention of ever using it.

I would like to remove whatever is in the icloud, and turn icloud Off for good. Can someone please send me instructions to permanently remove any docs it has and to turn it off?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 12:38 PM

1. In iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, click Recently Deleted in the lower right-hand corner of the window.
  2. Click Delete All, or select each file you want to delete, then click Delete.
4 replies

Sep 21, 2023 9:09 AM in response to Tess987

Open system preferences > click on Apple ID > manage > turn off and delete photos , notes , documents can be deleted from iCloud Drive in finder Delete files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

You can also manage storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support its optional to sign out Apple ID from Mac system preferences Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

how do i remove all icloud documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.