How do I add AirPods to my Apple ID account

I purchased AirPods from an Air Force Base Exchange and paid for Apple Care for them. How can I add them to my Apple ID and iCloud account?

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 4:44 PM

kenfromvtown Said:

"How do I add AirPods to my Apple ID account: I purchased AirPods from an Air Force Base Exchange and paid for Apple Care for them. How can I add them to my Apple ID and iCloud account?"

-------

Adding AirPods to your Apple ID:

Perform this through Find My. Pair these to a device that itself is already paired to your Apple ID. Once that occurs, they will then be synced. You must have Find My enabled to see these as a list of your devices. Note that AirPods cannot be seen alone in Find My; they will only will show up in the latest location that the device these were synced to was itself connected to the internet. This is because AirPods are not assigned their own IP Address.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2023 4:44 PM in response to kenfromvtown

kenfromvtown Said:

"How do I add AirPods to my Apple ID account: I purchased AirPods from an Air Force Base Exchange and paid for Apple Care for them. How can I add them to my Apple ID and iCloud account?"

-------

Adding AirPods to your Apple ID:

Perform this through Find My. Pair these to a device that itself is already paired to your Apple ID. Once that occurs, they will then be synced. You must have Find My enabled to see these as a list of your devices. Note that AirPods cannot be seen alone in Find My; they will only will show up in the latest location that the device these were synced to was itself connected to the internet. This is because AirPods are not assigned their own IP Address.

How do I add AirPods to my Apple ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.