Contact Posters not sharing in iOS 17

IOS 17 contact poster

Sharing not working

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 2:43 AM

Still not working for me .. I e tried everything !

13 replies

Sep 19, 2023 8:46 PM in response to Myblogs

If your iPhone is running iOS 17, your contacts should also have iPhones with the iOS 17 update installed.

Open the Contacts app on your iPhone and tap on your contact card at the top.

Then, tap the “Contact Photo & Poster” option to view the contact poster settings.

f you have turned off the Caller ID on your iPhone, there is a good chance that Contact Posters might not work or malfunction. So, here’s how to make sure this isn’t the case on your iPhone:

Open the Settings app on your iPhone.

Scroll down and open the Phone app settings.

Then, tap the Show My Caller ID option and check if the Show My Caller ID is ON.

If not, then turn it ON to fix contact poster issues on your iPhone.

Delete and Create a New Contact Poster....

Now, check whether the “Name & Photo Sharing” is disabled. If yes, turn the toggle ON

Nov 22, 2023 1:16 PM in response to Myblogs

Curious if those having the issue have any carrier or their party “call blocking and identification” features activated, such as the Verizon “Call Filter” app/service.

I did and was having this problem and it seemed to resolve when I went into Settings > Phone > Call Blocking and Identification and turned off all the features. I am not sure if that was a coincidence or not.

Mar 28, 2024 4:15 AM in response to ishan28

Did you do this in both the phones.

Also check Contacts>All contacts>My Card>Contacts Photo&Poster and check if it is not disabled and also if you have your photo, name, mobile numbers, email id and birthday correctly filled in there. On top right Edit button is there.

Please note this feature depends on a lot of settings and conditions. It works sometimes, not always.

Contact Posters not sharing in iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.