Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Got email demanding money. Knew my email password

Got sent an email that says I was hacked and demanding money in bitcoin. They knew my password on my Google account and sent me an email to my MSN account. Say they have video of me satisfying myself and will send to everywhere if I don't pay.

This is not a pop-up actually came to my email.

It would have to be my I phone that got the malware on it.

Freaked out and want to reset my Iphone.

Should I do this? Has anyone else got this type of message?

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 4:08 AM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2023 5:42 AM in response to Winterman001

Winterman001 wrote:

Has anyone else got this type of message?

Everyone has gotten that exact message. Change your passwords.

Use the Passwords setting on your iPhone to find weak passwords and passwords that you've shared across accounts. Remember that most passwords that you create with online services are NOT secure. Those places are constantly getting hacked. That's how they got your password in the first place. So make sure each service has its own strong password.

May 6, 2024 5:47 AM in response to Winterman001

I got an email this morning at 5:45 basically saying the same thing. I looked it up and they said it’s more than likely a scam and you probably weren’t hacked. When I looked it up Apple said that if it wasn’t an official Apple.com email then you more than likely weren’t hacked at all. And you’ll know if you’ve been hacked if you receive an email from Apple.com themselves saying someone has logged into your email on a different device. Hope this helps

Got email demanding money. Knew my email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.