Can The Safari Start Page Be Changed?

I use Safari as my default browser. I was wondering if I could change the Safari Start page to another browser's start page, such as the Microsoft Edge Start page or Firefox's Start page?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 10:50 AM

You can change the homepage to any website you want. Open Safari, click "Settings" on the menu named Safari, click "General" at the top of the Settings page, set "Safari opens with" to "A new window" and set "New windows open with" to "Homepage" and set "Homepage" to the website that you want (that is easier if you navigated to that webpage before starting all of the above as you can then just click the "Set to Current Page" button to set the Homepage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2023 10:50 AM in response to Dechris_mode

You can change the homepage to any website you want. Open Safari, click "Settings" on the menu named Safari, click "General" at the top of the Settings page, set "Safari opens with" to "A new window" and set "New windows open with" to "Homepage" and set "Homepage" to the website that you want (that is easier if you navigated to that webpage before starting all of the above as you can then just click the "Set to Current Page" button to set the Homepage.

Can The Safari Start Page Be Changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.