battery drain after ios 10 update

My battery is only a month old, but after installing watch ios 10 this morning around 7 am, it started draining immediately. I’ve had it on low power mode since 10 am, when it was at 50%, and 3 hours later it’s at 37%. I tried turning it off, rebooting, and finally low power mode. Prior to the ios 10, a charge lasted about 36 hours.

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 11:19 AM

36 hrs? Was likely 18 hrs max.

Try disabling notifications and graphics you don’t really need. Mail is one that can drain battery faster. Eliminate as many as you can. See how it goes then gradually add them back. You might also eliminate any faces that have too much colour or animations. It might stabilize in a few days.

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2023 11:19 AM in response to G-nee

36 hrs? Was likely 18 hrs max.

Try disabling notifications and graphics you don’t really need. Mail is one that can drain battery faster. Eliminate as many as you can. See how it goes then gradually add them back. You might also eliminate any faces that have too much colour or animations. It might stabilize in a few days.

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

battery drain after ios 10 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.