Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why is the iso 8601 date format not available in Apple Shortcuts?

Why is the iso 8601 date format not available in Apple Shortcuts? I have my OS Venture 13.52 and iOS 16.6.1 on my iPhone and iPad mini Date Format(s) set for YYYY-MM-DD as 8601 specifies but when I create an Apple Shortcut on my iOS device to "Paste Date" it's in the older, out of date format, Sep 20, 2023 at 12:47 PM. "Heh Apple", can this not be easily added to the Shortcuts App?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 2:05 PM

On iOS 16.6.1, if you follow the Shortcuts Date action with its next action suggestion (e.g. Format Date), you will discover that the latter action defaults to Date Format short. If you click on short, it opens a long menu of date formatting options including ISO 8601 with or without time and even locale.

Visual:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2023 2:05 PM in response to GaryReginald

On iOS 16.6.1, if you follow the Shortcuts Date action with its next action suggestion (e.g. Format Date), you will discover that the latter action defaults to Date Format short. If you click on short, it opens a long menu of date formatting options including ISO 8601 with or without time and even locale.

Visual:

Why is the iso 8601 date format not available in Apple Shortcuts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.