Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

I want to transfer Contacts and Data from my old iPhone to my new iPhone- How do I find Quick Start?

I am having trouble finding the “Quick Start”

recommended by apple to transfer my old iPhone data to my new iPhone.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 7:09 AM

Which iOS are you starting from? Quick Start used to require iOS 11 or newer, though that’s not listed anymore.

You may need to transfer your data using a local or iCloud backup.

Here is how to use Finder or iTunes locally to transfer, or an iCloud backup:

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the Contacts are stored in iCloud or a Contacts (CardDAV) server somewhere, those don’t need to be transferred.

And per Apple:. If your new device is enrolled in Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, you can't use Quick Start to transfer data from your current device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 7:09 AM in response to jeffrius

Which iOS are you starting from? Quick Start used to require iOS 11 or newer, though that’s not listed anymore.

You may need to transfer your data using a local or iCloud backup.

Here is how to use Finder or iTunes locally to transfer, or an iCloud backup:

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the Contacts are stored in iCloud or a Contacts (CardDAV) server somewhere, those don’t need to be transferred.

And per Apple:. If your new device is enrolled in Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, you can't use Quick Start to transfer data from your current device.

I want to transfer Contacts and Data from my old iPhone to my new iPhone- How do I find Quick Start?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.