Wifi calling not working

I have used Wi-Fi Calling for years. Including at the specific location I am currently visiting. But when I try to make a phone call on Wi-Fi Calling, it says that I am not connected to Wi-Fi. I am because all other functions like imessage and internet browsing work. I have reset all my Wi-Fi buttons, reset the router, toggled on and off the Wi-Fi, restarted my phone, double checked that my carrier still supports Wi-Fi Calling, and done all the things. And it continues to not allow me to do Wi-Fi calling.

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:19 AM

Hello Plo108,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this with you.

It sounds as though you've tried all the suggestions provided in article, Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support section: If Wi-Fi Calling isn't working. Given this, we do want to point out that it's noted in the article that Wi-Fi calling doesn't work with all networks, so you may need to check with the internet provider for additional help.

In the meantime, speaking with Apple Support for additional troubleshooting options is a good idea. You can reach out to them at Get Support.

Best regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Plo108

Hello Plo108,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this with you.

It sounds as though you've tried all the suggestions provided in article, Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support section: If Wi-Fi Calling isn't working. Given this, we do want to point out that it's noted in the article that Wi-Fi calling doesn't work with all networks, so you may need to check with the internet provider for additional help.

In the meantime, speaking with Apple Support for additional troubleshooting options is a good idea. You can reach out to them at Get Support.

Best regards.

Dec 4, 2023 8:55 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes and no.

I now can select a phone from my contacts and have the option to call.

So it now appears that call from my MacBook Pro is working again.

When I was having the problem I could not get an option (on my Macbook Pro running latest Sonoma) to call someone other than an option for WhatsApp.

Now I have the option of calling on regular iPhone connection.

but my FaceTime preferences don't operate correctly...as I expect.

This "updated to wifi calling" opens a window...

and when you click this "enable" it does nothing. just closes and leaves the "enable wifi calling" option the same.;

This is not what was expected and not what it did previously....the "enable wifi calling" would disappear and another display would say something like "wifi calling enabled" or like that.

Wifi calling not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.