Watch doesn't charge fully on watchOS10

Since updating to WatchOS10, I have notice my series 7 watch doesn't charge beyond 80% overnight due to the optimised charging. Before the update it would always be charged fully by the time I wake up. Now I just find it remains stuck at 80%.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 7:22 AM

Same issue and not knowing how long this learning is going to take is not acceptable, particularly when it drives support calls from relatives wondering what is going on. Watch was updated about 4 days ago. Turning off the Optimized Battery charge setting will allow the watch to go back to its full charging previous to the WatchOS 10 upgrade. There are numerous threads on this upgrade issue and what happens in the real world is people keep leaving their watch on the charger thinking it is not done charging at 80% when in reality this new WatchOS10 has changed how it behaves without letting the consumer know. :-(

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 7:22 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Same issue and not knowing how long this learning is going to take is not acceptable, particularly when it drives support calls from relatives wondering what is going on. Watch was updated about 4 days ago. Turning off the Optimized Battery charge setting will allow the watch to go back to its full charging previous to the WatchOS 10 upgrade. There are numerous threads on this upgrade issue and what happens in the real world is people keep leaving their watch on the charger thinking it is not done charging at 80% when in reality this new WatchOS10 has changed how it behaves without letting the consumer know. :-(

Watch doesn't charge fully on watchOS10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.