Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Unable do hide/delete/remove standard compass shortcuts

I have several shortcuts I use and it‘s annoying that it‘s impossible to remove the standard compass shortcuts in the shortcuts app on the apple watch ultra. These compass shortcuts are not shown in the iPhone shortcut app. Any ideas?

Apple Watch Ultra, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 9:23 PM

Restarting doesn't help. It's driving me crazy. I want all my shortcuts to be displayed on this page, not the compass backtrack shortcuts!

5 replies

May 24, 2024 5:22 AM in response to falkodohse

I had the same problem - actually had two sets of shortcuts that didn’t show up in the “usual” way to be managed. Compass was interesting because it didn’t even show up in my watch as an app to remove.

A “forced restart” fixed the problem … hold the crown and button down and keep holding until the watch shuts down AND the apple logo shows up on the face of the watch. Apparently that forces everything to restart, not just go into a suspense mode. It fixed the compass shortcut issue for me.

but now I have a “word of the day” shortcut showing up and the ones that I’ve created and want on my watch don’t show up - why???

Unable do hide/delete/remove standard compass shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.