I am being prompted to enter my credit card information and when I enter it in, I am shown a message of “cannot verify payment information.” All of the information is correctly entered. Because of this I am unable to install the new update. I need as

I am being prompted to enter my credit card information and when I enter it in, I am shown a message of “cannot verify payment information.” All of the information is correctly entered. Because of this I am unable to install the new update. I need assistance on bypassing this screen. Thank you

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 1:18 AM

Hi sulejman240,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: ... “cannot verify payment information.” ...

As we are all Apple users, like yourself, in the community, we have no access to your accounts or details.

It is not clear just where you are getting the prompt, and entering card details. (Apple ID account for purchases from Apple, Apple Pay, Apple Card etc.) We'd like to help, however:

If you have disputed a charge from Apple, you may need to request your card-provider to allow payments to Apple again.

Else: trouble-shooting tips:

You might want to check you are signed in (to your device) with your Apple ID:

How to: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

and

Check that there aren't any restrictions set on your device:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone - Apple Support

You can check that your payment method is one that Apple can accept in your country or region:

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Then, if help is still needed:

wondering if one of Apple support's articles below can help you solve the situation:

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

How to: Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If help is still needed:

You might want to reach out to the App Store Support Team:

(There is a "Get Support" link (or use the support app) at the bottom of their webpage (link below)

App Store - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2023 1:18 AM in response to sulejman240

Hi sulejman240,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: ... “cannot verify payment information.” ...

As we are all Apple users, like yourself, in the community, we have no access to your accounts or details.

It is not clear just where you are getting the prompt, and entering card details. (Apple ID account for purchases from Apple, Apple Pay, Apple Card etc.) We'd like to help, however:

If you have disputed a charge from Apple, you may need to request your card-provider to allow payments to Apple again.

Else: trouble-shooting tips:

You might want to check you are signed in (to your device) with your Apple ID:

How to: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

and

Check that there aren't any restrictions set on your device:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone - Apple Support

You can check that your payment method is one that Apple can accept in your country or region:

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Then, if help is still needed:

wondering if one of Apple support's articles below can help you solve the situation:

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

How to: Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If help is still needed:

You might want to reach out to the App Store Support Team:

(There is a "Get Support" link (or use the support app) at the bottom of their webpage (link below)

App Store - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

I am being prompted to enter my credit card information and when I enter it in, I am shown a message of “cannot verify payment information.” All of the information is correctly entered. Because of this I am unable to install the new update. I need as

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.