Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

McAfee sends notifications about 3 times an hour after I have deleted them. How can I stop the notifications?

"Your iCloud is being hacked"; or "Your Gmail is being hacked"; or "Trojan Detected BOB08@#$" notifications pop up into the upper right of my screen asking me to click there to activate antivirus software. Clicking opens a Mcafee antivirus page for me to download they antivirus. I am using Total AV as my antivirus and nothing shows up on scans.

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 1:25 PM

4 replies

Sep 21, 2023 4:56 PM in response to Jhbrad01

You don't need any anti virus installed in Mac , uninstall it Install and uninstall apps from the internet or a disc on Mac - Apple Support

Uninstall apps

You can remove apps that you downloaded and installed from the Internet or from a disc. 

1. On your Mac, click the Finder icon  in the Dock, then click Applications in the Finder sidebar.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If an app is in a folder: Open the app’s folder to check for an Uninstaller. If Uninstall [App] or [App] Uninstaller is shown, double-click it, then follow the onscreen instructions.
  • If an app isn’t in a folder or doesn’t have an Uninstaller: Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (at the end of the Dock).
    • WARNING: The app is permanently removed from your Mac the next time you or the Finder empties the Trash. If you have files that you created with the app, you may not be able to open them again.

McAfee sends notifications about 3 times an hour after I have deleted them. How can I stop the notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.