Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

imessage and Facetime

My iMessages button is greyed out to where i cannot click on it or enable it or doable it at all, and i cannot even go into my FaceTime settings.

iPhone 11, 17

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 5:45 PM

nataliejade1123 Said:

"imessage and Facetime: My iMessages button is greyed out to where i cannot click on it or enable it or doable it at all, and i cannot even go into my FaceTime settings."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting and About iMessages:

iMessages is an app for the app messaging service provided to you by your Cellular Provider. So, it is asking you to set this up. Skip it for now, if you are in certain of this. Not everyone has the service if messaging, for note.

A. Make Sure this is Set Up Correctly:

Go Here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Enable Messages in ScreenTime:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Allowed Apps
  4. Tap: Messages (So it is in "ALLOWED APPS")

C. Go Here: If you can’t Turn On or Sign In to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 5:45 PM in response to nataliejade1123

nataliejade1123 Said:

"imessage and Facetime: My iMessages button is greyed out to where i cannot click on it or enable it or doable it at all, and i cannot even go into my FaceTime settings."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting and About iMessages:

iMessages is an app for the app messaging service provided to you by your Cellular Provider. So, it is asking you to set this up. Skip it for now, if you are in certain of this. Not everyone has the service if messaging, for note.

A. Make Sure this is Set Up Correctly:

Go Here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Enable Messages in ScreenTime:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Allowed Apps
  4. Tap: Messages (So it is in "ALLOWED APPS")

C. Go Here: If you can’t Turn On or Sign In to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Sep 21, 2023 6:42 PM in response to nataliejade1123

nataliejade1123 Said:

"imessage and Facetime: My iMessages button is greyed out to where i cannot click on it or enable it or doable it at all, and i cannot even go into my FaceTime settings. [...]It is my restrictions on my phone, but i do not know the screen time password"

-------

Troubleshooting Screen Time Passcode:

Go Here: If you Forgot your Screen Time Passcode - Apple Support

What's Provided...

imessage and Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.