Paragon NTFS for Mac Not Working, What is the Best Alternative?

I have a portable SSD formatted by NTFS so I can put large movies and ISO files into it. Now, I am looking for a way to copy files to this NTFS drive on my Mac M1 running Ventura 13.4. When I searched the topic in Google, Paragon NTFS for Mac is on the top list. Unfortunately, this app seems does not mount NTFS drive on my Mac. Tried a few guidelines online but none of them worked.

I hope someone could suggest some good alternatives to replace Paragon NTFS for Mac?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:59 AM

Not sure if it is the best alternative to Paragon NTFS for Mac. But I have been using this app for a couple of months and it worked nicely for writing NTFS drive on my Mac. Here are the steps you can check out.

1. Download and Install UUByte NTFS Geeker on your Mac.

https://www.uubyte.com/online-help/ntfs-for-mac.html

2. Go to Privacy settings to enable or update system extension.

3. Launch UUByte NTFS Geeker software and grant full disk access permission to the app.

4. Connect NTFS drive to Mac, and right click the name of NTFS drive. Now choose "Mount as writable" option. You can now freely read and write NTFS drive on your Mac.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 1:59 AM in response to alexbenzz

Not sure if it is the best alternative to Paragon NTFS for Mac. But I have been using this app for a couple of months and it worked nicely for writing NTFS drive on my Mac. Here are the steps you can check out.

1. Download and Install UUByte NTFS Geeker on your Mac.

https://www.uubyte.com/online-help/ntfs-for-mac.html

2. Go to Privacy settings to enable or update system extension.

3. Launch UUByte NTFS Geeker software and grant full disk access permission to the app.

4. Connect NTFS drive to Mac, and right click the name of NTFS drive. Now choose "Mount as writable" option. You can now freely read and write NTFS drive on your Mac.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Oct 24, 2023 2:33 PM in response to alexbenzz

I was having same problem after upgrading to Ventura 13.x. And my portable Seagate drive has a mix of Windows & Apple files hooked into my home network. I hate switching software for no good reason (occasional new stuff doesn't agree with old) or paying for what should be a simple upgrade. So I dug and found THE ANSWER: https://www.seagate.com/support/software/paragon/

If you follow this link you’ll find an upgrade to use, I used “Big Sur and later” and after installing and resetting, BAM it worked! Feel free to share this upgrade info with anyone who legally owns original NTFS for MAC.

Jan 17, 2024 5:21 AM in response to alexbenzz

When it comes to the best alternative, it truly depends on your individual preferences and specific needs. But from my experience, I can introduce one tool for you which I have used now. And it provides the best read and write speed. Here are the steps you can follow:

• Connect your NTFS drive to Mac, and it will automatically be mounted by this tool.

• Click "Open" and then you can check, read, write, and modify saved data on the NTFS device.

Sep 21, 2023 7:30 PM in response to alexbenzz

Do you use this NTFS drive with a Windows system?

If you just use it with your Mac, then consider reformatting the drive to either "HFS Extended (Journaled)" or "APFS"

If you share the drive with Windows, then consider reformatting to exFAT.

All of the above formats will accept large files and large drives.

If you really what NTFS, then reach out to Paragon about how to get their software working.

Or you could look into MacFUSE which I think has an NTFS module.

Paragon NTFS for Mac Not Working, What is the Best Alternative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.