I had my battery replaced at an independent phone repair service. I am now getting a message in settings about it. How long does that message remain?

battery warning messgae

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 11:38 AM

It's normal to see this message if you didn't have the work undertaken either by Apple or one of their official service agents. I doubt you will want to pay for the work to be done all over again so you will probably just need to live with the message.

Your repairer could have alerted you to this happening prior to repair so perhaps you could get some redress if you query it with them.

Keep an eye on the new battery and check to see it holds charge and doesn't behave in any way which might cause concern such as becoming hot. Other than the alert it should behave similarly to the original if your repairer has sourced a good 3rd-party battery.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 11:38 AM in response to aventura2thdoc

It's normal to see this message if you didn't have the work undertaken either by Apple or one of their official service agents. I doubt you will want to pay for the work to be done all over again so you will probably just need to live with the message.

Your repairer could have alerted you to this happening prior to repair so perhaps you could get some redress if you query it with them.

Keep an eye on the new battery and check to see it holds charge and doesn't behave in any way which might cause concern such as becoming hot. Other than the alert it should behave similarly to the original if your repairer has sourced a good 3rd-party battery.

Sep 26, 2023 11:07 AM in response to aventura2thdoc

Hey there aventura2thdoc,

If you're seeing an error regarding the battery being an unknown part, you'll need to have it serviced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider to ensure it is a genuine part compatible with your device.

Learn more about when this might occur here: About genuine iPhone batteries - Apple Support

To locate an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider in your area: Find Locations

Take care!

Sep 26, 2023 11:18 AM in response to aventura2thdoc

Unfortunately, an authorized Apple Service shop or the Apple Store may now likely refuse to work on the phone because of tampering by an unauthorized person.

You won't know about this until you try.

Additionally, the correct Battery Health settings may no longer work with the "knockoff" battery. You can check....

Settings > Battery > Battery Health & Charging > Maximum Capacity

I had my battery replaced at an independent phone repair service. I am now getting a message in settings about it. How long does that message remain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.