You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Ultra 2 does not pair with iPhone11 Pro Max with iOS 16.7

I just updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 16.7 as my new Ultra Watch 2 does not pair with the phone.

Message given - iPhone needs a newer iOS.

In help text it states 16.1 or higher and iPhone 8 or higher.

Now I am trying with the iOS 17 update…

Any other ideas?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 12:12 AM

just got the new ultra2 today. Turns out it won't even pair with my iphone X which is working great. Yeah, now I have the ultra 2 sitting there and I can't do anything with it.

12 replies

Sep 22, 2023 12:51 PM in response to St_St

I'm totally with you St_St. I was so excited to open up my new Ultra2 and pair it with my phone before a run and of course I had the same issue. After running software update and updating to 16.7.1 I believe it still didn't work, I went back to software update again and low on the screen was an option to upgrade to IOS 17.0.1. It's installing now and I'm sure that will fix the issue.

Best of luck to you!

Apple Watch Ultra 2 does not pair with iPhone11 Pro Max with iOS 16.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.