I have a iphone 14pro max and it doenst have a sim card so what should i do about that

I am sending my phone in through apple care to have the back of phone repaired and it is telling me to remove sim card but I don't have one. So what should i do for that process

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 8:35 AM

Go to settings > cellular > delete esim.

when you get your iPhone back, visit your cellular provider and they will activate for you in less than 5 mins versus trying to activate in the apple store!

hope this helps

2 replies

Sep 22, 2023 8:47 AM in response to tonja259

iPhone 14 Pro Max in US Market will not have a physical sim card lot. May be the instruction in the shipping kit was out dated, please disregard this matter. It is important to know that if you do have AppleCare+ and a valid address, you can request the replacement first and easily transfer your eSim once you have received your new replacement device.

iPhone Express Replacement Service - Apple Support

If transfering eSim phone to phone is not available to your carrier/ plan. You can replace your eSim by contact your carrier, or order a new one by their app. Some carrier may ask for an OTP sending to your text, so it is why having a replacement ready is better than starting with a blank phone. Hope this helps!

I have a iphone 14pro max and it doenst have a sim card so what should i do about that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.