Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Music on my MacBook won’t completely sync with my iPhone

Running the latest software on both my MacBook Pro and iPhone 14 pro max. I have about 4,000 songs that are in “music” on the laptop, and all plays fine. When I sync my iPhone there are a bunch that are missing. All my music is in one folder saved on my computer. When in “music” everything is there and when I click on my iPhone listed in finder, it shows all those songs are on my phone but, they’re not. Spoke to Apple tech support today and he couldn’t figure it out either. Last suggestion is to wipe my iPhone clean and start all over again.

Really don’t want to do that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 9:08 PM

See if syncing without any music selected, then sync again with all the music selected. If that doesn't work try manually managing the music through the Music app on your Mac by dropping all the music into the iPhone in the sidebar.

Similar questions

1 reply

Music on my MacBook won’t completely sync with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.