Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AppleTV keeps trying to play purchased TV shows with Paramount+ instead of my Library

This only seems to happen with “Everybody Loves Raymond”. I purchased the entire series on the Apple Store and it’s in my library. I can play any episode. However, when I click the episode from the Up Next row in my Apple TV, it tries to play it in Paramount+ (which I don’t have and have never used) and then tries to get me to buy the episode on Apple (even though I already own the whole series). Is there any way to fix it. It doesn’t happen with any other TV series I’ve purchased..

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 12:47 PM

Try removing the show from the Up Next queue list (click-and-hold, then choose Remove). Then resume from your library. That would add the show back to Up Next, this time with hopefully the correct working link to the preferred content provider.

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 27, 2023 6:59 PM in response to RoAmVan

I've been experiencing this for at least a year, primarily with Everybody Loves Raymond the complete series as well as The West Wing the complete series.

Everybody Loves Raymond wants to open in Paramount+, even with the app deleted and trying Urquhart1244's suggestion of removing it from the queue list and resuming it from the library. I don't subscribe to Paramount+ so I'm forced to see which episode I'm on in "Next Playing" and then go to that either in my Library or in TV Shows and select the next episode to play. Neither one will keep track of that last played if I leave the respective App.

The same thing for The West Wing, only with MAX/HBO Max for where it's pulling the next episode from. I do have a subscription for MAX, so it's not as much of an issue, but it's still the same issue with this "Complete Series"

AppleTV keeps trying to play purchased TV shows with Paramount+ instead of my Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.