Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Icloud photos not syncing on home wifi

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my icloud 200gb. I recently subscribed to this plan and turned on icloud photos on my iphone to be synced to icloud. The thing is, when i am at the office, phone plugged in to the charger, the photos start to sync.

But when i am at home on my home wifi, even if the phone is plugged in and charging, icloud photos doesnt sync at all, even if i press sync and the status says syncing.

Settings on iphone done:-

A. Not using low power mode.

B. Mobile data turned on in photos settings

C. Icloud photos turned on in photos settings

Therefore i am not sure if :-

1. Theres a setting that i have overlooked on the iphone. So far, nothing seems out of the ordinary on the iphone, since the photos do sync at my office.

2. Theres a setting on my router that needs to be turned on/off? But the thing is, my wife’s iphone also has icloud , and her photos sync on the home wifi.

3. The mesh network is an issue? Im just throwing this in here cos i really cant think of anything else.

Anyone have an idea whats going on? Or must i

1.just reset all network and settings?

2. Sign out and re-sign in back to cloud? Will that delete any of the synced photos ? (Sorry noob question, i’ve been on the 5gb plan for too long)

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 10:02 PM

When iPhone is brought to home , the office network name and its password will be definitely different than home network .

You have to manually enter home network name and its password and remove office network see Connect iPhone to the internet - Apple Support

Connect iPhone to a Wi-Fi network

1. Go to Settings  > Wi-Fi, then turn on Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap one of the following:
    • A network: Enter the password, if required.
    • Other: To join a hidden network, enter the name of the network, security type, and password.

If  appears at the top of the screen, iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network. (To verify this, open Safari to view a webpage.) iPhone reconnects when you return to the same location.

See this article also If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

You mentioned -

Turn it off when you connect to home network .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 10:02 PM in response to eng hong

When iPhone is brought to home , the office network name and its password will be definitely different than home network .

You have to manually enter home network name and its password and remove office network see Connect iPhone to the internet - Apple Support

Connect iPhone to a Wi-Fi network

1. Go to Settings  > Wi-Fi, then turn on Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap one of the following:
    • A network: Enter the password, if required.
    • Other: To join a hidden network, enter the name of the network, security type, and password.

If  appears at the top of the screen, iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network. (To verify this, open Safari to view a webpage.) iPhone reconnects when you return to the same location.

See this article also If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

You mentioned -

Turn it off when you connect to home network .

Icloud photos not syncing on home wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.