Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple Watch Ultra2 eSIM Activation AT&T

New Apple Watch will not add a cellular plan

It’s 2023 and Apple and AT&T can’t get this right. Feels like iPhone Activation 2008

One hour and many resets with AT&T on the phone with support. Great patient people.

eSIM will not download to the watch. I have to go to a store and do it via QR codes etc.

It’s 2023 and that is the answer?

AT&T should be paying us for our time. I will definitely not be paying any Activation Fee. My time is more valuable than two multi-billion dollar companies that create bad experiences for their customers.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:56 PM

Here is full summary.

Yes. Clearly AT&T does not read this thread.

16 attempts that have ended in various parts of the process. But no cellular activation.

One hour on a call with ATT support - we tried resets and setup the cellular plan 2x.

Got as far as entering in the e911 emergency address. NOT IN USE: AT&T in the Watch App - No eSIM on the watch. I was told to go to a store for a manual activation with QR codes.

AT&T store tech leader laughed and said "another one". This is his third attempt at fixing the issue for a customer. He laughed that AT&T said there is a manual activation with QR codes -that is for phones only, not watched. <<<Poor training by AT&T.

He tried twice. He saw in the AT&T system several errors, cleared them validated IMEI and EID numbers.

We reset the watch 2x and we also got as far as the e911 service address entry. But still no eSIEM. He said to call or visit Apple. (Apple Genius does not accept appointments for cellular activation, the only option is to call or chat). <<Poor training by AT&T.

I called Apple. Super smart guy ran diagnostics on the watch. All hardware reports ok. He then used screensharing and saw and confirmed all the error codes on AT&T's part:

404 Apache Web Server Error

ERR0093-WS

AT&T - Get your *hit together. It's 2023 and this activation process reminds me of 2008.

Apple - punish AT&T

AT&T - just try to charge me any activation fee. By my count you now owe me hundreds of dollars in time spent, because you have not empowered your staff to admit - activations are broken.

Here are all the screenshots - https://photos.app.goo.gl/b9n4yvTCjMnbCduk6

#AppleWatch

#AppleWatchUltra

#ATT

#WatchOS

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 12:56 PM in response to Wtoll

Here is full summary.

Yes. Clearly AT&T does not read this thread.

16 attempts that have ended in various parts of the process. But no cellular activation.

One hour on a call with ATT support - we tried resets and setup the cellular plan 2x.

Got as far as entering in the e911 emergency address. NOT IN USE: AT&T in the Watch App - No eSIM on the watch. I was told to go to a store for a manual activation with QR codes.

AT&T store tech leader laughed and said "another one". This is his third attempt at fixing the issue for a customer. He laughed that AT&T said there is a manual activation with QR codes -that is for phones only, not watched. <<<Poor training by AT&T.

He tried twice. He saw in the AT&T system several errors, cleared them validated IMEI and EID numbers.

We reset the watch 2x and we also got as far as the e911 service address entry. But still no eSIEM. He said to call or visit Apple. (Apple Genius does not accept appointments for cellular activation, the only option is to call or chat). <<Poor training by AT&T.

I called Apple. Super smart guy ran diagnostics on the watch. All hardware reports ok. He then used screensharing and saw and confirmed all the error codes on AT&T's part:

404 Apache Web Server Error

ERR0093-WS

AT&T - Get your *hit together. It's 2023 and this activation process reminds me of 2008.

Apple - punish AT&T

AT&T - just try to charge me any activation fee. By my count you now owe me hundreds of dollars in time spent, because you have not empowered your staff to admit - activations are broken.

Here are all the screenshots - https://photos.app.goo.gl/b9n4yvTCjMnbCduk6

#AppleWatch

#AppleWatchUltra

#ATT

#WatchOS

Sep 23, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Wtoll

Funny. 20 minutes after DM’ing with ATT on Twitter again and posting this here on my 18th attempt it worked.

That cost AT&T hundreds of dollars in support and thousands in brand reputation. It also cost the same for Apple. Let this be a lesson to AT&T. Train your people. Test your systems. Be transparent when things are going wrong.

For the rest of you suffering. Hang in there.

Apple Watch Ultra2 eSIM Activation AT&T

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.