Can't post to Facebook after iOS 17.0.1 update on my iPhone 13 Pro

I am a retired teacher wanted to post interesting articles such as Smithsonian magazine and other to show my kids on Facebook. I hit share to post on my iPhone 13 Pro iOS 17.0.1 and nothing happens anymore to 90% of the stuff I want to post

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 3:39 PM

Sorry, we were out for Octoberfest dinner, I understand your concern. DO NOT go into Facebook settings to do this, just follow the instructions in the link below depending on type of phone. In this case, you're not actually deleting your Facebook account, you're basically just uninstalling and reinstalling the APP. They word it as delete, but it just removes the icon (app) from your phone. All your information you had on Facebook should be intact. It's like rebooting a computer. https://www.facebook.com/help/412666965510766

Deleting your ACCOUNT which you don't want to do... would take a lot more steps in settings and privacy within Facebook

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 3:39 PM in response to MEJoAnEM

Sorry, we were out for Octoberfest dinner, I understand your concern. DO NOT go into Facebook settings to do this, just follow the instructions in the link below depending on type of phone. In this case, you're not actually deleting your Facebook account, you're basically just uninstalling and reinstalling the APP. They word it as delete, but it just removes the icon (app) from your phone. All your information you had on Facebook should be intact. It's like rebooting a computer. https://www.facebook.com/help/412666965510766

Deleting your ACCOUNT which you don't want to do... would take a lot more steps in settings and privacy within Facebook

Sep 24, 2023 7:39 AM in response to WRtoast

MEJoAnEM Said:

———-

Troubleshooting AirPods After an Update:

Try what is provided in the previous reply.

No Success?

A. Update your iPhone:

Keep your iPhone up to date as new ones are released.

B. Restart your iPhone:

Having just installed an update, start with a restart: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: It is important that you provide feedback on this occurrence to Apple.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all occurred after installing this update, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Sep 23, 2023 9:29 PM in response to MEJoAnEM

MEJoAnEM Said:

"Can't post to Facebook after iOS 17.0.1 update on my iPhone 13 Pro: I am a retired teacher wanted to post interesting articles such as Smithsonian magazine and other to show my kids on Facebook. I hit share to post on my iPhone 13 Pro iOS 17.0.1 and nothing happens anymore to 90% of the stuff I want to post"

-------

Troubleshooting Facebook:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If posting in is in a loop, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies. Go Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also...

B. Contact Facebook:

These are Apple forums. So, ask Facebook what exactly is going on here. They may have yet to do their part in making this compatible with their site. Report back what they say.

Go Here: Contact Facebook - Facebook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.