You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the Apple Watch 3 compatible with iPhone 15

Compatible

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:00 AM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2023 11:05 AM in response to taffypy

Hi there taffypy,

Your Apple Watch Series 3 should be able to be paired with iPhone 15. Per Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone:

To use your Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 8, you need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 15 or later.

That article walks you through the rest of the pairing and setup process as well. If you run into any issues pairing your Apple Watch Series 3 with iPhone 15, please provide more details and if you are getting an error message of some kind so that we can continue to assist.

Cheers!

May 1, 2024 4:13 PM in response to Ben_Z1

I can’t get my Apple Watch 3 to connect with my iPhone 15 pro. I keep getting the error message “Unable to check for update: checking for software update failed because you are not connected to the internet.” I am indeed connected to the internet. I have tried:

• Restarting my watch and iphone
  • resetting my watch back to factory settings
  • uninstalling the Apple Watch app and reinstalling
  • choosing a different language when loading the Apple watch
  • forgetting my WiFi network, resetting internet and reconnecting
  • signing out of my Apple ID on my phone and singing back in
  • clicking “try again” on the error message 100 times

Nothing is working to get past this message!!

Is the Apple Watch 3 compatible with iPhone 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.