Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Watch Face won't change on Apple Watch

I updated my iPhone iOS 17 and my Apple Watch to 10.0.1 and now I can't switch between watch faces on my watch as I could before the update. I have tried shutting down both the phone and watch and restarting the phone first and I have also un-paired the watch and re-paired it to my phone and still it won't switch. And now the temperature doesn't show on the chosen watch face.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:33 PM

To switch between faces, it’s changed. It’s one extra action of long pressing the face first, then you can swipe to select another face by tapping on the one you want. Customize the watch face - Apple Support

15 replies

Sep 25, 2023 11:31 AM in response to iOS14musicissues

The long press and then swiping to get another face is *a* solution, but it's not an "upgrade" or "improvement" I wanted or asked for, and I'll bet it isn't that for many other people. I use the different watch faces to access the various apps I use on a regular basis, and that quick left or right swipe got me there. Another sad but clear-cut case of improving something to the point where it ceases to function or as is the situation here, to the point where it's an inconvenience. What was so wrong with the previous method?????? At least give us the option to re-activate it!!!!!

Thanks the poster with the solution. I did figure that out on my own, but I thought, huh, that can't be the only way now.

Sep 25, 2023 5:23 PM in response to marcedwardbeland

marcedwardbeland wrote:

The long press and then swiping to get another face is *a* solution, but it's not an "upgrade" or "improvement" I wanted or asked for, and I'll bet it isn't that for many other people. I use the different watch faces to access the various apps I use on a regular basis, and that quick left or right swipe got me there. Another sad but clear-cut case of improving something to the point where it ceases to function or as is the situation here, to the point where it's an inconvenience. What was so wrong with the previous method?????? At least give us the option to re-activate it!!!!!

Thanks the poster with the solution. I did figure that out on my own, but I thought, huh, that can't be the only way now.

Send your feedback to:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch

Mar 14, 2024 11:02 AM in response to TarotByArwen

TarotByArwen wrote:

It’s idiotic to change something that was working. Do. Not. Like. At all.

It wasn't working for some of us. There are those of us who found the change very helpful. I remain oddly fascinated by the number of people who don't seem to realize that other people may have different needs and preferences.

However, in the almost three months since this phone was last active, Apple has added the ability back. On the watch: Settings>Clock>Swipe to Change Face.

Apr 18, 2024 2:14 PM in response to barbra164

barbra164 wrote:

I want the Image my apple phone had and I don’t know how to do it

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean by "image" and what your iPhone has to do with this. Are you saying you want to make a watch face with the same photo as you use for wallpaper on your iPhone? If so, start here:

View photos and Memories on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Watch Face won't change on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.