Related Article: Apple security releases

iOS 16.7.1 not installing

Hello, I have a problem, when I try to install IOS 16.7.1, it give me an error and it doesn’t work, what can I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 6:39 AM

Perin0504 and Ayrabb10 - Please see the link below. There are several reasons why your iPhones may not be able to update. This link explains the reasons and tells what to do. I’ve copied the pertinent information below.

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

If you can’t install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS on your iPhone or iPad

You might be unable to update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly, or over the air, for one of these reasons:

If your device doesn't support new software

To check if your device supports new software:

1. Identify your iPhone or iPad model.
  2. Check whether your iPhone or iPad model is on the list of compatible devices for the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.

If your device is compatible, then update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS that is available to you.

If you have a compatible device but your iPhone or iPad won't update, try the steps below.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 6:39 AM in response to Pedrin0504

Perin0504 and Ayrabb10 - Please see the link below. There are several reasons why your iPhones may not be able to update. This link explains the reasons and tells what to do. I’ve copied the pertinent information below.

If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support

If you can’t install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS on your iPhone or iPad

You might be unable to update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly, or over the air, for one of these reasons:

If your device doesn't support new software

To check if your device supports new software:

1. Identify your iPhone or iPad model.
  2. Check whether your iPhone or iPad model is on the list of compatible devices for the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.

If your device is compatible, then update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS that is available to you.

If you have a compatible device but your iPhone or iPad won't update, try the steps below.

Oct 23, 2023 9:54 AM in response to FinnGirlM

Sorry, FinnGirlM. It was too much to copy/paste. For the additional steps, go here —-> If your iPhone or iPad won't update - Apple Support. Start at the section that reads: If there's not enough space to update

You could also try to free up space by optimizing the storage on iPhone. You can do this by by deleting apps, deleting old photos you no longer need, old emails & messages. You can read more about it here: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

iOS 16.7.1 not installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.