Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Dynamic Island blocking content on Snapchat

On Snapchat I can’t fully see the names on chats and when watching stories the top is blocked by the dynamic pill shape. It appears that everything has been shifted upwards

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 4:01 PM

The app apparently wasn’t updated for the iPhone 15 models.

The display layout available to apps is a little different from previous models.

If the app is updated to current and the issue persists, contact the app developer.

Here is how to: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

17 replies

Sep 24, 2023 12:38 AM in response to fadheela113

I agree. I upgraded to the 15 pro recently. I recognize the dynamic island is not specific to this model. I find that the dynamic island blocks content for the specific app, Snapchat. The username is unreadable in most cases for the conversation being had. Moreover, the go back “<“ button in the top left of the screen from unique conversations is unusable on this model. The app must be closed and reopened entirely to access the primary list of contacts. Please help

Sep 25, 2023 11:31 AM in response to Piyushsunaviya

Piyushsunaviya wrote:

Im facing same issues with my newly purchased iphone 15.
can you give me solution or apple have to publish this out to customers that you’ll all have to face this issues in your iphone

You could return the iPhone 15. 🤪

But seriously, it’s not anybody’s job to fix the Snapchat app, other than he people that work for Snapchat.

Let Snapchat know about the issue: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Oct 31, 2023 8:25 AM in response to seak69

seak69 wrote:

The island blocking on my other app which disable me to touch on the icon . The island is soooo annoying ! Apple has solved this issue yet ?

Apple isn’t going to fix this. Snapchat is.

The app apparently wasn’t updated for the iPhone 15 models.

The display layout available to apps is a little different from previous models.

If the app is updated to current and the issue persists, contact the app developer.

Here is how to: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Dynamic Island blocking content on Snapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.