AirPods Pro 2 with AirPods Pro firmware?

Upgraded my AirPods Pro with the 2nd generation. For some reason the new ones have 6A300 firmware & will not update to 6A301.

Any ideal how to resolve?

thanks

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 5:35 PM

6A301 Said:

"AirPods Pro 2 with AirPods Pro firmware?: Upgraded my AirPods Pro with the 2nd generation. For some reason the new ones have 6A300 firmware & will not update to 6A301. Any ideal how to resolve? thanks"

-------

Updating AirPods:

A. What's the Port-Type?:

Only lightning-port AirPods can use 6A301. See here: About Firmware Updates for AirPods - Apple Support

B. Pushing AirPod Updates:

Unfortunately, your cannot push AirPod updates. So, pair these to a device that is already connected to the Internet, and they will be updated automatically, sure enough. This is because AirPods are not assigned their own IP Address.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 5:35 PM in response to blind visionary

6A301 Said:

"AirPods Pro 2 with AirPods Pro firmware?: Upgraded my AirPods Pro with the 2nd generation. For some reason the new ones have 6A300 firmware & will not update to 6A301. Any ideal how to resolve? thanks"

-------

Updating AirPods:

A. What's the Port-Type?:

Only lightning-port AirPods can use 6A301. See here: About Firmware Updates for AirPods - Apple Support

B. Pushing AirPod Updates:

Unfortunately, your cannot push AirPod updates. So, pair these to a device that is already connected to the Internet, and they will be updated automatically, sure enough. This is because AirPods are not assigned their own IP Address.

AirPods Pro 2 with AirPods Pro firmware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.