My family member is not able to have access to Apple tv

I added my husband as a family member on apple. He can’t access my Apple TV subscription despite that

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 7:03 AM

The Apple TV+ subscription is automatically shared for all users within a Family Sharing group, when one of the group members is a subscriber. No action needed.

To start using Family Sharing, one of the group member has to take on the role of organizer, and invite the others, each by their Apple ID account. In turn, the prospect group members have to react and accept this invitation. When confirmed, they are immediately part of the group.

- All group members need an activated Apple ID account.

- All group members heed to have set their Apple ID account for the same country. Family Sharing doesn’t work internationally.

- The shared subscriptions show as active subscription only for the subscriber. The others can see what is shared in their Family Sharing settings. The others can just access any of the shared content: go to the Apple TV app on any of their devices, then select any show from the Apple TV+ catalog there.

About Family Sharing - Apple

What you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 7:03 AM in response to Hibak93

The Apple TV+ subscription is automatically shared for all users within a Family Sharing group, when one of the group members is a subscriber. No action needed.

To start using Family Sharing, one of the group member has to take on the role of organizer, and invite the others, each by their Apple ID account. In turn, the prospect group members have to react and accept this invitation. When confirmed, they are immediately part of the group.

- All group members need an activated Apple ID account.

- All group members heed to have set their Apple ID account for the same country. Family Sharing doesn’t work internationally.

- The shared subscriptions show as active subscription only for the subscriber. The others can see what is shared in their Family Sharing settings. The others can just access any of the shared content: go to the Apple TV app on any of their devices, then select any show from the Apple TV+ catalog there.

About Family Sharing - Apple

What you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

My family member is not able to have access to Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.