Cannot backup iphone 13 on icloud

I have an iPhone 13. I’m only using 60mb of 5GB of my iCloud storage. The “next backup size” shows +6.55GB. I have photos unchecked. The largest app is 83mb. I have messages only saving for 1 year. Why is the backup +6.55GB? I am not going to pay for extra storage. Thank you for your help!

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 7:39 PM

Merdoc088 Said:

"Cannot backup iphone 13 on iCloud: I have an iPhone 13. I’m only using 60mb of 5GB of my iCloud storage. The “next backup size” shows +6.55GB. I have photos unchecked. The largest app is 83mb. I have messages only saving for 1 year. Why is the backup +6.55GB? I am not going to pay for extra storage. Thank you for your help!"

-------

About 5GB Free iCloud Storage:

A. Getting Charged for Going Over 5GB:

You Won't. All that will upload is the total amount of space that you have storage for. So, it will not go past 5GB. As a result, you will not be automatically charged for mare storage. Given your location, you have 5GB free of iCloud Storage. So, no worries there. See this Link: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

B. What is Backed Up:

iCloud does not back up everything. See here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 7:39 PM in response to Merdoc088

Merdoc088 Said:

"Cannot backup iphone 13 on iCloud: I have an iPhone 13. I’m only using 60mb of 5GB of my iCloud storage. The “next backup size” shows +6.55GB. I have photos unchecked. The largest app is 83mb. I have messages only saving for 1 year. Why is the backup +6.55GB? I am not going to pay for extra storage. Thank you for your help!"

-------

About 5GB Free iCloud Storage:

A. Getting Charged for Going Over 5GB:

You Won't. All that will upload is the total amount of space that you have storage for. So, it will not go past 5GB. As a result, you will not be automatically charged for mare storage. Given your location, you have 5GB free of iCloud Storage. So, no worries there. See this Link: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

B. What is Backed Up:

iCloud does not back up everything. See here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support

Cannot backup iphone 13 on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.