Apps to request tracking: age restriction

I turned 18 like a week ago…can I do it now? Because I don’t see a difference, how long would it take to change that? I wanted to be able to do A certain thing on an app but it’s stopping me because of the age restriction but said I need to be 18, in which I now am. Help me haha thank you!

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:49 PM

KayKay1220 Said:

"Apps to request tracking: age restriction: I turned 18 like a week ago…can I do it now? Because I don’t see a difference, how long would it take to change that? I wanted to be able to do A certain thing on an app but it’s stopping me because of the age restriction but said I need to be 18, in which I now am. Help me haha thank you!"

-------

Getting Around Age Restrictions:

Turn off a permission to track for a specific app.

So, whose phone is this? Is it YOUR phone? Are there any restrictions?

1. Go Here: If an app asks to track your activity - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you can't turn on the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting
  3. As it Reads:

"In some circumstances, the 'Allow Apps to Request to Track' setting can't be turned on, including: 

• For users with child accounts or who are under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID*
  • If your Apple ID is managed by an educational or business institution
  • If your device is managed and uses a configuration profile that limits tracking
  • If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days"
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 9:49 PM in response to KayKay1220

KayKay1220 Said:

"Apps to request tracking: age restriction: I turned 18 like a week ago…can I do it now? Because I don’t see a difference, how long would it take to change that? I wanted to be able to do A certain thing on an app but it’s stopping me because of the age restriction but said I need to be 18, in which I now am. Help me haha thank you!"

-------

Turn off a permission to track for a specific app.

So, whose phone is this? Is it YOUR phone? Are there any restrictions?

1. Go Here: If an app asks to track your activity - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: If you can't turn on the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting
  3. As it Reads:

"In some circumstances, the 'Allow Apps to Request to Track' setting can't be turned on, including: 

• For users with child accounts or who are under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID*
  • If your Apple ID is managed by an educational or business institution
  • If your device is managed and uses a configuration profile that limits tracking
  • If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days"

Sep 23, 2023 9:59 PM in response to KayKay1220

KayKay1220 Said:

"Apps to request tracking: age restriction: This is my phone, I’ve had it for a couple years now. Is it not working because I turned 18 not too long ago? Does it need a bit to set in my phone? I don’t think there was any restrictions set by my parents or anything, I shouldn’t have any age restrictions as being over 18. I read what it said and I didn’t really understand it"

-------

Screen Time Being the Culprit:

See if Screen Time is somehow enabled (if not by you, then by who?). If so, disable Screen Time, and then manually restart the iPhone performing all of this, once more.  Screen Time is found in Settings.

A. Disabling Screentime:

1. Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode."

B. Manually Restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Sep 23, 2023 10:03 PM in response to KayKay1220

KayKay1220 Said:

"Apps to request tracking: age restriction: This is my phone, I’ve had it for a couple years now. Is it not working because I turned 18 not too long ago? Does it need a bit to set in my phone? I don’t think there was any restrictions set by my parents or anything, I shouldn’t have any age restrictions as being over 18. I read what it said and I didn’t really understand it"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

If all seems to be as it should, then give Apple Support a call. If you need to, then perform a screensharing session with them, so they can see this firsthand from YOUR perspective.

Apple Support Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apps to request tracking: age restriction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.