Notifications while in carplay

Hello. So I’ve installed carplay in my car, everything works as it should, but new notifications don’t ping on carplay nor my iphone, like would be in focus mode, but everything is turned that way so i should get notifications. My phone screen doesnt wake up or my apple watch. What can i do? Device is iphone 14 pro with ios 17.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 12:43 AM

There are a few things you can try to fix the issue of notifications not working in CarPlay:

1. Check your notification settings. Make sure that notifications are enabled for the apps that you want to receive them from. Go to Settings> Notifications and check the settings for each app.
  2. Restart your iPhone. This can often fix minor software glitches.
  3. Update your iPhone and CarPlay. Make sure that both your iPhone and CarPlay are running the latest software versions. iOS 17.0.1 for iPhone
  4. Reset your CarPlay settings. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay and tap Forget This Car. Then, reconnect your iPhone to your car.
  5. Check your Focus settings. Make sure that you are not in a Focus mode that is blocking notifications. Go to Settings > Focus and check the settings for each Focus mode.

If you have tried all of the above and you are still having problems, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
  • Try connecting your iPhone to a different CarPlay system. If your notifications work in a different CarPlay system, then the problem is likely with your car's CarPlay system and you should contact your car manufacturer for support.
  • Try restoring your iPhone from a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 12:43 AM in response to aidas49

There are a few things you can try to fix the issue of notifications not working in CarPlay:

1. Check your notification settings. Make sure that notifications are enabled for the apps that you want to receive them from. Go to Settings> Notifications and check the settings for each app.
  2. Restart your iPhone. This can often fix minor software glitches.
  3. Update your iPhone and CarPlay. Make sure that both your iPhone and CarPlay are running the latest software versions. iOS 17.0.1 for iPhone
  4. Reset your CarPlay settings. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay and tap Forget This Car. Then, reconnect your iPhone to your car.
  5. Check your Focus settings. Make sure that you are not in a Focus mode that is blocking notifications. Go to Settings > Focus and check the settings for each Focus mode.

If you have tried all of the above and you are still having problems, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
  • Try connecting your iPhone to a different CarPlay system. If your notifications work in a different CarPlay system, then the problem is likely with your car's CarPlay system and you should contact your car manufacturer for support.
  • Try restoring your iPhone from a backup.

Notifications while in carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.