Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Audiobook stops playing when iPhone locks

Following update to IOS 17, my audiobook will pause when phone locks after 5 minutes. It also happens if I change from the audiobook app to another one. If I change the locking setting to never, the book will continue to play, as long as I stay on the app.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 3:33 PM

Hi ljstrick,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Let's make sure your device is up-to-date. If it is updated, let's restart your device. Restarting your device and making sure it is updated can resolve many unexpected issues. 

Take a look here on how to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Take a look here on how you can update your iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support if it continues to investigate this further.

Get Support

Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 3:33 PM in response to ljstrick

Hi ljstrick,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Let's make sure your device is up-to-date. If it is updated, let's restart your device. Restarting your device and making sure it is updated can resolve many unexpected issues. 

Take a look here on how to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Take a look here on how you can update your iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support if it continues to investigate this further.

Get Support

Regards.

Audiobook stops playing when iPhone locks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.